Search the Knowledge Base for Articles about Account Management, user and system access and permissions to use university technology.

Articles (18)

Accessing Spectrum U

Set up and log-in instructions for Spectrum U.

Employee Technology Access Policy

This is a policy explaining when technology access is granted and removed for University employees.

Employee Transfers / Role Changes / New Hires

Employees that are hired, change roles or responsibilities, or leave university employment, often have different kinds of technology access/permissions that may need to change.  This may include a change or revocation of access to different resources, change of computer systems and/or relocation of equipment. To ensure smooth transitions, it is important for supervisors to consider and request changes in advance.

How to Request a Username Change

Username changes can be requested after a legal name change is processed. Proof of change must be provided (in person) to the appropriate offices identified below. Once the appropriate office has sufficient evidence of legal name change, they will require the individual to fill out a document to officially request the change.

MFA - Change Phone, Pin and Security Questions

The landing page for displays the MFA account settings menu. From here, you can change your preferred method, phone number, PIN, security questions or activate the mobile app, among other functions.

MFA - Main Page

Multi-Factor Authentication, MFA, helps ensure a user's identity when attempting to use SVSU software and systems.  It requires SVSU users to present two pieces of evidence when logging in to any SVSU system.  One piece of evidence will be the SVSU username and password.  Users will choose the other method of evidence, or authentication, that best fits their lifestyle, from the available options.  Without authentication, your log in will fail on any application that uses single sign-on in your b

MFA - Mobile App Method Setup

Instructions on setting up the recommended Mobile App method for MFA.

MFA - Mobile App Users with New Phone

Should you get a new phone you will need to install and re-activate the Microsoft Authenticator app. Please review your security questions and answers before purchasing a new phone as you will need this information to re-activate the Mobile App.

MFA - Oath Token Method Setup

This method authenticates your account using verification codes generated on the Oath Token.

MFA - Phone Call Method Setup

Use any phone to authenticate. Be sure it is a phone you will regularly have near you when you need to authenticate. We suggest using your cell phone, but you can use your office phone if you know you will be near this phone every time you need to authenticate - which is highly unlikely.

MFA - Text Message Method Setup

MFA - Change Method to Text Message

O365 Licensing Process

O365 Licensing Process

PaperCut WebCashier (Library Student Employees)

The Library staff and their student employees provide a PaperCut Web Cashier service to students and library patrons to add money to their print balance and release print jobs for patrons.  This article will explain what is needed to manage and remove permissions or access.

Preparing Your Account for Retirement

Upon retirement, employee passwords are changed and access to their accounts is removed. Since you will no longer have access to services that had been provided by SVSU, we suggest you take the steps outlined on this page to replace the services.

Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR)

Self Service Password Reset is a system you must register for before you can reset you password without contacting the IT Support Center.  If you forget your password, you can conveniently update it without delay.

Setting and Removing Personal Pronouns

Turn Personal Pronouns on or off for your SVSU account.

Student Technology Access Policy

This policy explains when technology access is granted and removed for students.